Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Acrylic Expuhruhmunts



So I finally had time to do some experimenting with acrylic paints. I heard about using glue to make the paint "crack" in random areas, and I was really intrigued by the idea. I'm still trying to find out how to control it, but hopefully I'll be doing a piece with the technique soon.

I was washing my hands in the bathroom at work today when I looked at the mirror and wow... I was much darker than I remembered. I guess I've been out in the sun for awhile the past few days.

2 comments:

  1. I may have to steal this from you and try it on something. Just white glue?

    Blah blah *insert comment about bruises* blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, try it with elmers glue first. You have lay a coat down of it without paint. I found out if you mix it it doesnt do anything besides make the paint streaky, which is cool too, but no cracking. Then you put acrylic on top.

    ReplyDelete