Thursday, April 30, 2009
2 out of the 4 experimentals I had due a couple of weeks ago. I was fooling around with the mediums more than thinking about the concept (although someone pointed out that the bottom one looked like disney characters when I started drawing it, so I just went off on that).
The top was a rendered pencil drawing. Then I sprayed fixitive on it to seal the lead, as well as create a rough, spotty texture on it. Then I tried to do a wipeout with oils, but didnt like it, so I just tried to get as much of it out as I could with a little linseed oil, so the green wash is from what was left of it.
The bottom is done in a similar way, but instead of pencil, I used a thin sharpie. I also used more colors.
Both are relatively small (around 8 by 10)